Can you remember how old your child was when they first used a smartphone? Many kids get their first exposure to phones at 3-4 years or even earlier, through watching cartoons or playing simple games on their parents’ phones. Electronic devices have long become a familiar part of our everyday life and it’s now difficult to imagine life without the Internet and apps. By the time our children get older, the level of digitization will have increased even more, so children need to be prepared for this exciting future.
As parents, we can help our kids by providing them with the key knowledge and skills, for example in coding. Even if your child doesn’t go on to become a professional programmer, the skills they’ve gained will be invaluable For example, the study of programming can help to develop logical and critical thinking, which can aid success in any field.
Here are just some of the reasons why a child should study programming:
- Increased motivation to study. To better understand the basics of coding, children will need a knowledge of both mathematics and physics. Knowledge of English is also generally a must-have for any programmer.
- Increased focus and attention to detail. Through programming, kids begin to understand the importance of small details and how focusing on them can avoid errors down the line. These qualities will be useful throughout life.
- Development of logical thinking. In the process of coding, children learn to apply logic in their decisions. They make plans, find relationships between actions and objects, and perform different tasks. This will help them to find solutions to a diverse variety of problems in their adult lives.
- Possibility of self-realization. Coding for kids can be a great passion. Would you rather your kid played Minecraft all day long or created games and apps himself?
- Development of creativity. Programming is not only about writing code. It can be used in countless creative ways. And, just as artists need to understand the basics of drawing to create a design, programmers will need a sound knowledge of English to help them write the text for game characters.
- Learning the basic principles of programming. Programmers and developers can work remotely from any place in the world and are usually well-paid. Wouldn’t you like to give your child such a beneficial profession?
There’s no doubt that coding for children has a huge number of advantages. now let’s see what sites and apps can help teach children the basics of programming.